Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chai Cookies


Chai is one of the most amazing concoctions ever created. A delicious cup of chai latte is what gets me through my ungodly early morning classes (well a little game called angry birds does help too). When I found out you could put the amazingness of chai and combine it with a cookie I thought I was in heaven. Well, until I realized all the recipes that I found of chai cookies really just seemed like a sugar cookie with a tiny dash of chai-like flavor. So I decided to create my own and it came out awesome. If you love chai as much as I do, you really need to make this!




Ingredients:
2 3/4 cups  flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 pinch of salt
2 sticks of butter
1 3/4 cups sugar (& a little more for coating)
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 packet/serving powdered chai mix


(If you like a strong chai taste to your cookies add the following)
1 teaspoon cardamom
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves

1 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions:
Mix together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and powdered chai (& extra spices) in a medium bowl. set aside.
Beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until combined and fluffy. 
Beat in the eggs one at a time and the vanilla extract.
Gradually add your dry ingredients on a low speed until combined. 
Let your cookie dough chill in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours so it's nice and easy to roll your cookies.
Preheat at 400 degrees.
Prepare a small dish with some sugar for rolling.
Roll the cookie dough into little one inch balls and dip them in your little sugar bath until they're nice and coated.

Place them about two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet or on a silicone mat.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment